Our Langley dentists understand that learning to eat while wearing your new dentures is going to take some time and practice. Here are a few soft-food suggestions from our dentists, to help you out as you get started.
Meal Planning For People with New Dentures
Right after your extraction, and when you first get your new dentures, you will need to stick to a diet of liquids and soft foods.
Our dentists recommend that, before your denture process begins, you stock your fridge with soft-foods that you enjoy eating and prepare a few meals, so that you have appetizing food on-hand whenever you don't feel like cooking.
Countless combinations of soft-foods can be used to quickly make, delicious and nutritious meals, such as avocado and scrambled eggs, macaroni and cheese, red lentil dal and rice, or soft cooked tofu with noodles, the combinations are endless.
Here are a few soft food suggestions to use as ingredients or ready to eat meal and snack options:
- Regular or baked beans
- Soft cheeses such as: cottage cheese, ricotta, mascarpone
- Melted hard cheeses
- Noodles and pasta
- Meats that you can cook soft, like fish or ground poultry
- Cooked vegetables (almost any vegetable can be cooked soft)
- Home cooked big-batch soups
- Well cooked leafy greens
- Ripe avocados
- Low sodium vegetable juice
- Soft breads for dipping
- Eggs anyway you like them
Sweet Foods & Treats
- Muffins, pancakes, and waffles
- Fruit juice
- Bananas and other soft fruits
- Smoothies and milkshakes
- Apple Sauce
- Ice cream and custard (when you're in the mood for a treat)