Many of our patients in Langley find that local anesthetic effectively prevents pain during routine dental procedures. That said, some patients need more assistance to get them through the critical dental treatment they require. This is where dental sedation can help.
Your Dental Sedation Needs
Whatever your reason for visiting Willowbrook Dental Clinic, our goal is always to provide you with a comfortable, relaxed dental experience.
Generally, our patients find local anesthetic is sufficient to prevent pain during routine dental procedures such as fillings. However, we have had some patients who require the additional assistance of dental sedation. https://www.willowbrookdentalclinic.com/site/sedation-dentist-langley
Each patient’s general anesthesia and sedation needs are unique. Your reasons for needing sedation will differ from other patients. This is why our Langley dentists assess each of our patients on a case-by-case basis to determine their sedation needs.
Your dentist may recommend dental sedation if you have any of these:
- Special healthcare requirements
- Low pain tolerance
- Exaggerated gag reflexes
- Dental phobias
- Difficulty holding mouth open for sustained periods of time
- Difficulties sitting still during dental treatment
- Severe dental anxiety or fear
- Special needs due to mental or physical disabilities
- Allergies to local anesthetic
- Local anesthetic does not effectively control your pain
- Undergoing long, complex or especially invasive dental procedures
We encourage you to not allow dental anxiety to keep you from receiving the oral healthcare you need! Our team of dental professionals can offer oral sedatives, advice and guidance to help you get through your next dental treatment in a relaxed, stress-free manner.